Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety » Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali, M.D.
Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety
Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali, M.D.
Associate Director for Education, South Central MIRECC
Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship
Associate Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
Geriatric Psychiatrist, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Phone: 713-791-1414 x26771
- Geriatric Education
- Geriatric Pscychiatry Fellowship, University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Psychiatry Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- M.D., Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- B.A. in Biology, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Awards and Activities
- Certificate of Commitment, Department of Veterans Affairs, September 2017
- Certificate of Appreciation for Excellence in Patient Care, Department of Veterans Affairs, June 2017
- LLC Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching and Evaluation, Fulbright and Jaworski, May 2012
- American Psychiatric Association Acknowledgement of Significant Contribution to TRPMMN, December 2012
- Association for Academic Psychiatry Junior Faculty Development Award, Oct 2012
- LLC Faculty Excellence Award in Educational Leadership, Fulbright and Jaworski, March 2012
*This link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site and will open in a new window. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of linked Web sites.