Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC)/Advanced Psychology Fellowship
The MIRECC Advanced Psychology Fellowship in Houston, Texas, offers a two-year postdoctoral fellowship for psychologists primarily focusing on research (75% time devoted to research; 25% to clinical activities). The purpose of the MIRECC Fellowship is to train professional psychologists for eventual leadership roles in research, education, and clinical services, particularly in academic and medical care settings. Although many Fellows pursue careers focused predominantly upon academic research and education in mental health, successful graduates of the program also will include those who pursue leadership careers that emphasize education and clinical contributions in the field of mental health. By the end of the Fellowship Program, Fellows pursuing academic clinical-research careers should be ready to submit applications for career development awards (e.g., VA career development award or National Institutes of Health [NIH] K-Award) or pursue entry-level leadership roles which integrate state-of-the-art research, education, and clinical approaches to mental health in the VA healthcare system and other academic institutions.
- A paid full-time fellowship through the VA Office of Academic Affiliations.
- Financial support for books and research start-up funds.
- A two-year program cultivating expertise in VA mental health services research, administration, leadership, and clinical care.
- Research mentoring from a primary mentor and a team of 3-4 mentors on topics such as implementation of evidence-based mental health treatments, behavioral medicine, primary care, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep, and rural mental health.
Current Postdoctoral Fellows:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Doctoral degree from an APA or CPA accredited program, including having completed dissertation defense before start date
- Track record of research productivity
- Cover letter/statement of interest
- Transcripts from graduate work (unofficial transcripts acceptable; final transcripts required upon completion of PhD)
- Three letters of recommendation, emailed directly to Dr. Hundt from the recommender
- Optional: Writing sample (e., first author publication, dissertation chapter)
- Deadline to submit application is December 10